assemble, you fugitives from the nations.
Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood,
who pray to gods that cannot save.
- To me the statement in verse 18 that God did not create the earth to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited could be easily overlooked. Rather than just taking that at face value what do you think it means?
- God operates in absolute light, not as it says in verse 19 “in a land of darkness.” Discuss ways where words are spoken in darkness.
- Prepare a list of clearly seen fulfilled prophecies to help you readily witness to the unsaved.
- The ignorant turned to idols they have created. Idols can be created from many things literally and figuratively. Discuss the idols that people turn to.
- All the ends of the earth are instructed to turn to Him in order to be saved, consider Romans 10:14 “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
- Invite a friend to Sunday School.