Monday, December 8, 2014
On 12-14-14, Psalm 95:1-7a will be our Adult Sunday School/Uniform Series/International Sunday School Lesson herein is my commentary. This lesson is known by some as Make a Joyful Noise.
Make a Joyful Noise
International Sunday School Lesson
December 14, 2014
Sure we can wax poetic about certain scriptures and especially those we read in the Psalms. This week rather than give mini sermons for our classes let’s ramp up the discussion of all involved. Let’s engage people by coming up with as many ideas of things that we can discuss. My hope is that we can find something for every student to find a subject that they can contribute on or that will strike a chord inside of them.
I hope that some of those below will help you do that.
1. Such a short Psalm anyway how can we possibly leave out verses 8-11?
2. Why it was important for verse 8-11 to be included when the people of Israel would have heard this Psalm?
3. Discuss the Lord as the Rock of our salvation and the use elsewhere in the Bible of a rock.
4. With regard to verse 1, sing sure, but discuss “let us shout aloud”.
5. Discuss the opposite of verse 2.
6. Discuss how verse 3 might have been used in the past or perhaps even today with non-believers/knowers of Him.
7. Discuss why the psalmist uses depths, peaks, sea and land in verses 4-5.
8. If you don’t bow down or kneel where you worship discuss that and discuss doing it in private.
9. Discuss what it literally means to bow or kneel down.
10. Find and discuss scripture in the Bible dealing with shepherd and flock.
11. There is an interesting scripture dealing with what I believe refers to the antichrist; find and discuss as it sharply defers from Christ our shepherd.
12. Discuss why praise is such an important part of worship gatherings.
13. Is there a reason that the praise part of our worship be done very well?
14. Discuss why the frequency of praise is important.
15. How can you include praise as a part of your class?
16. Find and read aloud other psalms or songs in full or in part that you particularly find praise God.
17. Are there ways that praise attempts fail? Discuss.
18. Have you found places of worship that serve as great examples?
19. Discuss examples where too informal or too rigid of praise fail.
20. How can we know if we have some shortcomings with regard to our praise if we ourselves are satisfied? Discuss.
21. Discuss inviting people to Sunday School next week. It would be a great time to get them started and a great way to end the year.
12-21-14 Give Glory to God or Glory to God in the Highest, Luke 2:8-20
12-28-14 Worship God’s Son or In Awe of Christ’s Power, Matthew 14:22-36
1-4-15 Jesus’ Model for Prayer, Luke 11:1-13
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved